Durham Tees Valley Disabled Facilities
Facilities for Those requiring Special Assistance
Reserved parking is available for disabled badge holders. All spaces are located in the front row of the carpark, nearest to the airport entrance to make the short journey to the terminal as stress free as possible.
There are unisex disabled toilets in the departure lounge and baggage reclaim hall. There are also disabled toilets next to gates 1&2, and gates 3&4. Disabled toilet facilities can also be found inside the male and female toilets on the main terminal concourse.
An Ambulift is available on request, for assistance with boarding and departing the aircraft.
Walking Distance Information
Walking Distances through the Airport
- Car Park to Check in: 52 metres
- Check in to Toilets: 31 metres
- Check in to Security: 41 metres
- Security to furthest Departure gate: 107 metres
- Security to Toilets: 36 metres
- Aircraft Stands to Baggage Reclaim: 51 metres
- Baggage reclaim to Car Park: 137 meters
Tips for Disabled Air Passengers
Inform your airline of your particular needs in good time and check the policy of your airline if you wish to remain in your own wheelchair up until you board rather than transfer to an airline wheelchair at check-in.